Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
Fan Development Street Team - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The Fan Development Street Team, under the direction of the Fan Development Coordinator, is a part-time staff responsible for the execution of hockey-specific events and programs, as well as providing staffing assistance as needed for Sharks game nights and other Fan Development initiatives.
Major Areas & Representative Duties
• Lead and instruct Sharks street hockey clinics at local schools, after school programs, and community centers.
• Provide on-ice instruction at youth hockey events including Little Sharks and youth practice takeovers.
• Provide marketing presence at Sharks community outreach appearances at festivals, fairs and other events as needed.
• Provide staffing assistance on Sharks home game nights by staffing concourse tables, fulfilling fan experiences, assisting with youth hockey intermissions, etc. as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Needed
• Reside in the Bay Area – we are unable to pay for relocation or immigration expenses.
• Must be available to work 20+ hours per week including days, evenings, weekends, and events as needed depending on event schedule.
• Clean DMV record and ability to pass a standard background examination.
• Establish and maintain rapport within and outside of the organization.
• Ability to provide hockey instruction, both street and on-ice.
• Must have an upbeat outgoing attitude and outlook on work.
• Previous experience working with or a desire to work with children a plus.
• Currently enrolled in college, or a college graduate.
• Previous experience coaching hockey and/or working with children recommended.
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.