Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Accountant - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
Account for financial data for all Sharks Sports & Entertainment properties to ensure accurate, clear and timely financial reporting. The companies have a June 30 year end.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Prepare annual audit workpapers.
• Responsible for Month End close for all SSE entities.
• Prepare monthly journal entries including inventory adjustments, accruals, amortization of prepaid/other assets, inter-company transactions and labor.
• Revenue recognition from separate systems: Tickets, Rental Income, Corporate Partnerships, Suites, Parking and Food/Beverage.
• Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts, resolve any issues.
• Reconcile ticket proceeds for all SAP Center events. Reconcile and record event accounting entries in general ledger.
• Full cycle Accounts Receivable for building related transactions.
• Perform other tasks as requested.
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree plus 5 years of general ledger accounting experience.
• Strong organization and documentation skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Strong computer skills, especially Excel.
• Working knowledge of GAAP.
• Ability to recognize, research and resolve accounting issues.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to create effective work relationships.
• Proactively collaborate with co-workers.
• Motivated team player with positive attitude.
• Maintain confidentiality and ensure privacy of financial data.
• Experience with SAP ByD, Ticketmaster, or Archtics is a plus, but not required.
• Exhibit Corporate Values
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.