Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Payroll Administrator - San Jose Sharks (San Jose, CA)
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the payroll and related functions for employers Sharks Sports & Entertainment LLC (SSE), San Jose Sharks LLC, San Jose Arena Management LLC, Sharks Minor Holdings LLC and other entities which, from time to time, may be employers within the SSE Organization.
Autonomously administer all activities associated with the payroll function including the timely, complete and accurate semi-monthly processing of payroll transactions. Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules and regulations. Reconcile payroll activity with invoices and activity related to items including health and welfare benefit programs, dues, garnishments and 401(k) Plan transactions. Develop and integrate payroll policies and procedures with the Organization’s automated systems. Fulfill payroll related reporting and analysis requirements.
Major Areas & Representative Duties
Semi-Monthly Payroll Processing
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for all departments in several business units including multi-state taxation of players
- Ensure the completeness, validity and accuracy of active employees, earnings and deductions for each pay period
- Arrange for the accurate generation of automatic accounting system journal entries. Manually prepare supplemental accounting system journal entries when necessary
- Facilitate payment to third-party payees related to payroll withholding items including those related to the 401(k) Plan
Ongoing Payroll Administration
- Response to employee requests for payroll information or clarification
- Payroll and accounting system reporting and analysis including those related to CBA requirements, payroll banking, workers compensation and 401(k) census requirements and Plan vs Actuals
- Support HR’s periodic need for payroll calculations related to COBRA, FMLA, employee loans, 401(k) Plan matters, health and welfare plans and other related items
- Reconciliation of ledger accounts used primarily for payroll withholding items
- Support process questions related to SSE’s ARENA2 employee group
- Develop and integrate payroll policies and procedures to optimize integration opportunities
- Maintain files and records pertaining to payroll and tax submissions
- Review and reconcile 941 and other tax authority reports as prepared by SSE’s payroll service
- Annually review and distribute W-2 forms
- Ensure ongoing payroll system data integrity via both manual entry and automated import methods
- Perform other tasks and projects as required by the Vice President, Finance
Qualifications and Experience Needed
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with other finance staff and operating department employees.
- Ability to prioritize and to satisfy diverse, multiple, time critical demands
- Ability to incorporate information from operating departments into the payroll and benefits processes.
- Ablility to maintain confidentiality and to ensure privacy of all employee payroll and benefit information.
- Proven experience in integrating/ implementation of automating payroll processes as well as database structures and associated reporting tools
- Experience working with the ADP ProBusiness application and the R&R reporting tool a plus
- Experience with multi-state payroll a plus, as well as processing payroll for multiple business units
- American Payroll Association member a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience (for organizations with 100+ employees); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation services provided
**Please no calls about this job**