Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Accounts Payable Associate - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The Accounts Payable Associate, acting under the direction of the Financial Controller, performs the full-cycle accounts payable functions for subsidiaries of Sharks Sports & Entertainment. The fiscal year end of SSE is June 30.
All activities associated with the full-cycle accounts payable function.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
Accounts Payable Processing
• Review and input supplier invoices and employee expense reports. Prepare and distribute checks or ACH payments on a weekly basis to provide timely payment to suppliers and employees.
• Evaluate invoices for sales/use tax accruals and 1099 status.
• Research and respond to inquiries from suppliers and coworkers regarding supplier/employee expense account status.
• Consult with the Financial Controller on issues and implement solutions as appropriate.
• Maintain supplier documentation and back-up files.
Other Tasks and Projects
• Prepare credit references
• Prepare and maintain 1099 records and reports
• Prepare and maintain W-9 files
• Perform other tasks and projects requested by the Financial Controller
Competencies and Qualifications
• 2-4 years of Accounts Payable or related experience.
• High School diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize and to satisfy diverse, multiple, time critical demands; multi-task oriented
• Computer experience: Excel, Word and Outlook
• Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to maintain effective work relationships with other finance staff and operating department employees
• Motivated team player with positive attitude.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to ensure privacy of financial information.
• Experience with SAP software desired but not required
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.