Current available jobs in Finance:
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Ledger and Payroll Accountant - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The Ledger and Payroll Accountant is responsible for the designated accounting and payroll administration functions for San Jose Sharks, San Jose Arena Management, Sharks Ice, Sharks Minor Holdings and/or other entities which, from time to time, may be active within the SSE Organization. The Organization’s fiscal year ends annually on June 30.
Ledger: Process data and reconcile accounts for designated business units of the SSE Organization to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and reports.
Payroll: Autonomously administer all activities associated with the payroll function including the timely, complete and accurate semi-monthly processing of payroll transactions. Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules and regulations. Fulfill payroll related reporting and analysis requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
General Ledger Accounting
Perform other tasks and projects as needed and assigned by Financial Controller
Competencies and Qualifications
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ