Information Systems/Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Windows System Administrator - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
As a Windows Systems Administrator you will be responsible for software installation, system upgrades and patches, and resolution of software issues as they relate to SSE’s (Sharks Sports & Entertainment) Windows, Citrix and VMware platforms. Additionally, you will perform system back-up and recovery tasks; provide general troubleshooting on operating systems, and monitor system configurations ensuring continuous functionality. In addition to your day to day responsibilities and being part of the SSE IT organization, you are accountable to provide service in the area of level 1 helpdesk support.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Administer Windows servers, including: capacity planning and forecasting, storage administration, disk space management, asset management, and performance management.
• Windows support (Active Directory architecture).
o Research, test, document, and recommend appropriate server-related technologies.
o Provide recommendations relative to migration and upgrade paths for SSE’s systems.
• Implement and maintain Data Life Cycle Management (DLM) with software from Symantec and Veeam.
• In addition to system administration responsibilities, the role requires that the incumbent participate in all matters / responsibilities related to the execution of overall IT goals and objectives. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, user and event support.
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Engineering or a related major and 4+ years of hands-on overall IT experience required (2+ primarily within technical infrastructure and server support); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MCSE / MCSA certification preferred.
• Experience in VMware and Citrix environments preferred, with at least 3 years hands on experience with Microsoft Active Directory set up and implementation.
• Experience in PCI compliance standards preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a small team environment to enable business and team success.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Exhibit company core values:
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.