Internships: Any Internship
Notification of Internships - Sharks Sports (San Jose, CA)
Ever wondered what it exactly takes to have our Guests enjoy an experience here at SAP Center? Learn all the different areas that it takes to put on a great experience, show, event, or game, by being an intern within our organization!
We offer full-time college students the opportunity to work as unpaid interns while earning college credit. Our internships enable students to "roll up their sleeves" and truly learn how a professional sport franchise, public facilities, and our many various departments operate from the inside out. We expect our interns to take ownership of their internship and conduct their own research and utilize our open door policy by speaking or interviewing other members of our team in order to learn about different positions and what they entail. We encourage our interns to take an active role within the company.
If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be notified when new internship opportunities are posted.
We offer internships year-round and typically post our internships in July for Fall semester, November for Winter/Spring semester and April for Summer semester.
To qualify for an internship with Shark Sports, you must be enrolled in college and receive college credit for the internship.
This is a notification only, not an application for a job. You can also receive these notifications when you apply for a specific internship. Thank you. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Internships: Any Internship
CRM and Email Marketing Intern - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The CRM & Email Marketing Intern, under the direction of the CRM Marketing Manager, will assist with Sharks marketing data assets including email marketing, CRM system management, data capture, and marketing research technologies. This position will also assist with the design, development, and distribution of company email marketing campaigns and be involved in the reporting on and analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs). The ideal candidate is a data-driven, creative, analytical thinker, who excels in applying marketing and organizational skills to a rapidly changing environment
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Assist in development and execution of email campaigns that drive revenue growth across all properties through retention, cross-sell and up-sell
• Execute email tests that support key hypotheses and deliver actionable learnings that contribute to business growth.
• Prioritize emails based on revenue potential and overall corporate strategy, as well as resource allocation.
• Work with marketing partners and internal departments to assure material delivery and consistency.
• Assist in the development of the fan data capture plan across multiple channels with the goal of growing the SSE database and enriching the current data profiles
• Coordinate data collection and entry processes to ensure all prospect information is captured and actionable in CRM
• Build customer and prospect lists for email and direct mail campaigns based on multiple segmentation criteria
• Maintain database quality; including but not limited to all marketing subscription lists, customer records/account updates, , identifying records of need, appending data to current records and running additional data hygiene processes (NCOA, Do Not Call, etc.)
• Support other Ticket Sales Department activity such as game night promotions and fan data collection programs
• Track customer buying trends
Other Tasks and Projects as business dictates and requires
Competencies and Qualifications
1. Available to work at least 20 hours per week, including nights and weekends based on event schedule
2. Educational concentration in marketing, business, communications, or related field preferred
3. Classroom or hands-on experience with digital and/or content marketing, consumer behavior, or marketing strategy preferred
4. General knowledge of the sports and entertainment industry preferred
5. Attention to detail and ability to work with deadlines
6. Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus
8. Able to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and organize work according to changing priorities while maintaining a focus on department goals
9. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain quality working relationships with several internal departments, especially sales staff, as well as external agencies, media partners, community organizations, etc.
10. A positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.