Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile | Post Your Jobs
Current available jobs in
Sales & Marketing:
Sales & Marketing: Marketing
Marketing Coordinator - Worcester Sharks (Worcester, MA)
This exempt position reports to the Senior Director of Sales & Marketing.
The Marketing Coordinator, under the direction of the Senior Director of Sales & Marketing plans, manages and executes marketing and sales programs designed to maximum participation and profitability for the Worcester Sharks. The ideal candidate should have 3-4 years of experience within sports marketing, promotion, social media and production with a proven record of creating and implementing successful promotional marketing strategies. This person should be a passionate and self motivated leader capable of developing and effectively communicating a vision to multiple internal stakeholders. This person will also be responsible for the fan entertainment experience in arena for 38 regular season home games including managing game day staff and ensuring proper execution of the game entertainment.
The key responsibilities of this position are to identify events which can benefit from marketing assistance and add value by promoting those events within time and cost constraints.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
Create Marketing Opportunities
- Search for and develop marketing opportunities and promotional ideas that achieve marketing and sales goals.
- Develop and execute all event marketing plans from start to finish with an eye on budgets, as well as post campaign results overviews.
- Manage and execute all Sharks social media platforms.
- Plan and execute grassroots marketing programs.
- Actively manage marketing expense budget; oversee asset management
- Work with PR department to maximize marketing and sales opportunities online, offline and in arena.
- Stay updated with sales reports, game day reports and web reports to identify areas of improvement as necessary.
- Work with the DCU Center to identify marketing partnership opportunities.
- Work with external advertising agencies to create print, radio, TV and outdoor media as necessary.
- Traffic all media to appropriate outlets for final execution.
- Develop print ads, flyers, brochure and other collateral as necessary. This includes pocket schedules, season ticket brochure, group & youth hockey brochure and more.
- Utilize Adobe suite and other creative software in support of ad creation and video creation.
Game Day/Fan Development
- Create, plan and execute vision and strategy for the in arena fan entertainment experience.
- Generate new ideas and oversee the production of in-game video features and vignettes, promotional and advertising spots, and more as necessary.
- Oversee game day planning and execution.
- Oversee game day staff and manage game night expense budget.
- Identify areas for improvement and growth.
Other Tasks and Projects as business dictates and requires.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing or a related major and at least 1 year of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and developing marketing collateral.
- High level of proficiency with general office applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint).
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Suite specically Photoshop or Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Creative, flexible, and capable of self-directed research for marketing projects.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple time critical projects and department plans.
- Ability to perform supervisory duties in line with company policies and guidelines including supervision of game day and part time staff.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Must be available to work non-traditional hours to include, but not limited to: nights, games, weekends, and events. This is not a M-F 9-5 job.
- Exhibit company core values:
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community through
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES OR NO: Do you have at least 1 year of paid, relevant professional marketing experience? Please note that volunteer or other unpaid experience may not be substitued for years of professional experience.
2. YES OR NO: Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a directly related major?
3. What are your salary requirements (please be specific)?
4. YES OR NO: Do you posess professional experience in the sports or entertainment industry?
5. YES OR NO: Have you previously had primary responsibility for writing, editing and development of marketing collateral? Please note that you may be asked for a work sample during the interview process.
6. YES OR NO: Do you have a working level of proficiency with Photoshop or Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects or a similar software? If you have similar software knowledge, answer YES and list the software
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ