Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile | Post Your Jobs
Current available jobs in
Sales & Marketing:
Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales Management
Manager, Ticket Sales - Worcester Sharks (Worcester, MA)
Day to day oversight and responsibility for the Worcester Sharks Ticket Sales staff. This role is accountable for achieving personal sales goals in addition to working with the sales team to drive towards achievement of individual and overall team goals.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
Season Ticket/Group Sales
- Solicit and generate new customers for the organization in all areas: including season ticket sales, group sales and mini plan sales.
- Create and develop new leads and prospects by attending networking events and joining networking groups.
- Work with other Sharks Minor Holdings departments to develop and implement new ideas to increase revenue.
- Establish and maintain sales-oriented contact with organizations and responsible individuals who have participated as group sales customers or may be expected to participate in the future.
- Develop and maintain a thorough awareness of the various ticket packages offered, along with various promotions that may be taking place.
- Maintain contact with customer base through phone and mail communications including answering questions and solving problems, to directly and indirectly foster high renewal percentages.
- Implement renewal cycle steps and meet deadlines as instructed.
- Act as main liaison between Sharks Minor Holdings and the ticket package holder.
- Interact with other Sharks Minor Holdings departments to provide a cooperative, customer-oriented focus for all operations.
- Provide creative input and assertive follow through on efforts that enhance customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks and projects as requested and as business dictates
- Manage a group of 5-6 full-time Account Reps. Duties to include interviewing candidates, involvement in the hiring of these candidates, scheduling, mentoring and implementing all the skills necessary for these individuals to reach their sales goals
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, from an accredited college or university and 3 to 4 years related sales experience (to include at least 1 year of people management experience); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to manage a team of sales account executives to reach individual and team sales goals; including ability to practice and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships across the company, including ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments as necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and develop solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster, Archtix, or similar ticketing systems a plus.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to customers and contacts so as to convey a positive organization image.
- True team player in every sense of the word - must be willing and able to work in other areas as needed with a positive, “can do” and energetic demeanor.
- Ability to work non-traditional, flexible hours; to include nights, weekends, events, and games.
- Exhibit company core values:
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community through
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES OR NO: Do you have at least 3 years of paid, relevant professional sales experience?
2. YES OR NO: Do you possess at least 1 year of direct people management (hiring, compensation, performance management, etc.) experience?
3. What are your salary requirements (please be specific)?
4. YES OR NO: Do you posess professional, paid experience in the sports or entertainment industry?
5. How soon are you available to start your career with the Worcester Sharks?
6. What is the highest revenue amount that a team you have managed has been responsible for achieving in a single season or sales cycle?
7. What is the largest number of direct reports that you have been responsible for?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ