Sales & Marketing: Ticket Operations
Ticket Operations Manager - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The Ticket Operations Manager will assist the Director of Ticket Operations with the management and supervision of all box office functions including staffing, cash control, event management and third party/vendor relations for SAP Center at San Jose.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Assist the Executive Director with managing arena ticket office operations for
approximately 150 sports and special events per year.
• Build and maintain events on the Ticketmaster system as assigned.
• Acting Director of Arena Ticket Operations (Manager on Duty) as assigned.
• Manage and supervise Ticket Sellers.
• Review or perform balancing, depositing and reporting of daily ticket office receipts, as
• Create and distribute ticket office sales reports.
• Assist in the creation and management of the annual department budget.
• Establish and review operational policies and procedures for ticket office operations.
• Act as chief liaison for vendors, customer service inquiries and escalated customer issues.
• Manage, update and trouble-shoot the barcode system.
• Determine and communicate Ticket Seller schedule
• Plan and execute Ticket Seller staff meetings as needed.
• Lead Ticket Sellers in guest relations initiatives.
• Interview and hire Ticket Sellers as approved by Director.
• Represent the department at weekly company management meetings and other
meetings as necessary, in the absence of the Director.
• Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed.
• Assist SSE staff as deemed necessary or as directed.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, preferably the Ticketmaster system.
• Significant successful compatible ticket office operations experience and business experience.
• Excellent skill in developing and managing department budgets.
• Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
• Proven effective management of multiple related areas.
• Demonstrate ability and experience developing and coordinating multi-faceted plans and
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Word.
• Demonstrate sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability
to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication.
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Formal Training:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Advanced course on the Ticketmaster ticketing.
• A minimum 5 years computerized box office experience with at least 2 years in a
management capacity or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Material and Equipment Used:
• Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and ticket printers.
• Ticketmaster ticketing system
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.