Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Inside Sales Manager - Sharks Sports and Entertainment (San Jose, CA)
The Inside Sales Manager, acting under the direction of the Director of Client Development and Ticket Operations, supervises the Inside Sales department to ensure maximum efficiency, profitability, and achievement of set revenue goals. The ideal candidate recruits, hires, trains, and mentors the Inside Sales team on proper sales techniques and strategizes to maximize the selling of season tickets, partial plans, groups, and suite rentals.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Work with the Director, Client Development and Ticket Ops as well as the Director, Ticket Sales in creating an environment that will ensure Inside Sales Consultants have every opportunity to maximize revenue and achieve all set goals.
• Develop a sales culture that maximizes generating revenue, professionalism, and an enjoyable working environment.
• Create an interview process to recruit the best candidates for the Inside Sales Consultant position.
• Execute the interview process to hire Inside Sales Consultants throughout the calendar year.
• Attend multiple recruiting events and workshops to acquire the top sales talent.
• Develop sales strategies, procedures, and processes for all Inside Sales Consultants.
• Implement sales manual and training materials that include best practices and other applicable guidelines for accountability purposes.
• Create weekly training activities for Inside Sales Consultants.
• Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of all ticket sales campaigns, special projects, events and programs.
• Support the Inside Sales Consultants during outside appointments, meetings, conference calls, and games.
• Work with the Business Intelligence department to monitor CRM usage and delegate leads.
• Work with Business Intelligence to identify and research new season ticket, partial plan and group leads.
• Establish and communicate clear sales revenue goals to the Inside Sales Consultants. Provide team with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
• Create a schedule to meet with each Inside Sales Consultant on a bi-weekly basis to provide feedback, coaching, and mentoring.
• Attend and participate in weekly sales department meetings.
• Create weekly ticket and revenue reports as well as hustle stats for Director, Client Development and Ticket Ops.
• Work with the Director, Client Development and Ticket Ops to develop sales contests and incentives for staff.
• Work directly with Ticket Ops for reporting purposes.
• Monitor submission of sales documents to Ticket Ops and ensure established procedures are followed.
• Schedule Inside Sales Consultants to ensure maximum productivity during both day and evening shifts.
• Work with the payroll department to finalize time cards and manage overtime hours.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience required.
• Two-three years of successful sales experience in selling a variety of ticket packages at a team or entertainment environment required.
• One –two years of supervisory experience preferred; including proven hiring, training, coaching, and leadership skills.
• Experience in managing revenue and expense budgets preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
• Exhibit Company core values
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.